|12-12-2004, 10:29 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2004
Trying to upgrade my ParaOrdnance P12-45!
How's it going gents. I'm 1man(as in 1st in the entry stack & 1st position on the Zodiac CRRC<1st to fall out the boat>).
I just bought(but not picked it up yet) a P12-45 for CCW/off-duty(in the process of becoming a LEO).
I'm trying to find parts so I can inhance performance of my P12! I'm trying to find a source that specialize in Para Ordnance parts(OEM or aftermarket).
Here are the parts I'm looking for, I have some part(s) that I found that will(or I assume will work) but not all the parts. The areas that I have in question(?) is where I need intel on( ie; maker, model type, will it fit, and/or where I can find it(websites perfer because of visual description, detail, and specs). If anyone can throw in their thoughts, advise, and or caution, it will be much appreciated. Thanks in advised!
Here's my list for my upgrade parts;
Maker - part type < "will it fit" = where to find
1. Wilson - extended slide release < should go on= Wilson
2. Ed Brown - MemGroove BeaverGrip Safety < = Ed B
3. Caspian Arms - Commander Carbon Hammer < "?"=Cas
4. ? - Tactical Ambi Thumb Safety < "?" = ?
These are the parts I'm looking for, can anyone assist on the unanswered areas(?, "?")! All opinions, advice, details and suggestions welcomed!
|12-23-2004, 10:50 PM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2004
Para P-12 modifications
Bro, welcome to the forum. I also own a P-12 that is currently undergoing customizing. Did you buy yours new or used? IMHO, i'd shoot the heck out of it first before customizing it. My para shoots great as it is, and i didn't change any of the internals yet. I'm just having a mag-well added because i happen to like mag-wells. As for your inquiry, here are my suggestions:
1. Ambi safety - go with King's, they make the best ones for para;
2. beavertail grip safety - ed brown (1st choice), wilson's , or chip mccormick . Any of them would be a greaty fit on paras;
3. Mag well - EGW or King's;
4. slide stop - wilson's or kings (the extended one);
5. barrel - bar-sto;
6. sights - novaks;
7. Make sure to replace the recoil spring plug with an aftermarket one. better yet, get the King's or Ed brown recoil spring guide replacement (they both include a full length guide, spring, and plug. The one from King's even has a bushing). these things will break, and they will give you headaches if you don't replace them soon;
8. springs- Wolf or ISMI.
If i think up of any more, I'll let you know. This list is from the top of my head. Try to get a brownell's catalog, it's a great help in narrowing down the parts you may need if you decide on customizing the para.
have fun and keep on shootin'!
|Search tags for this page|
beavertail for p12 for sale,
para ordnance p-12 slide upgrade,
para ordnance p12,
para ordnance p12 45 parts,
para ordnance p12 parts,
para ordnance upgrades,
para p12 custom,
para p12 parts
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Paraordnance, rattling slide. Peening?||jan-erik||Pistolsmiths||2||07-05-2011 06:20 PM|
|upgrade the P220||raisedinal||SIG Pistols||10||03-24-2005 06:03 PM|
|mil spec upgrade||p7newbie||Springfield Armory Pistols||3||06-21-2004 05:13 PM|
|rattle in Paraordnance mags||NordicG3K||M1911 Pistols||2||11-06-2001 07:57 PM|