|05-11-2009, 05:45 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Newbie with a question...
I own a number of firearms, including a S&W J frame, and a Kel-Tec P3AT. I am planning to order a Kahr , either a PM9 or a PM45. This will a pocket pistol, BUG for me, but I have a few questions since there is no place for me to hold, or rent to try these pistols locally.
1. How does the recoil of the 2 Kahr pistols compare to my J-Frame, or P3AT? Or to a full-size pistol for that matter. To be honest, I know that a pistol is supposed to be comforting, as opposed to comfortable, but the recoil from the Kel-tec is pretty nasty (my wife refuses to shoot it, and her bedside pistol is a S&W M&P .40)
2. I prefer .45 to 9mm when able. That said, does the PM45 "disappear" as easy into a pocket as the PM9?
3. This will not be a primary carry pistol, (for that it is a Glock 30, or Ed Brown Kobra Carry)it is more for me to just use as a BUG or to slip inside a pocket if I can't carry a full size pistol. Given the usage intended, which would you pick and why?
I'm not interested in the metal frame models (had a NAA Guardian .380) and felt it was a bit heavy for true pocket carry. Had thought about a Glock 26, but feel it is too big to be a true pocket gun.
Sorry if this has been asked before, and thanks in advance for any info y'all are able to provide.
|05-11-2009, 04:40 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2001
Re: Newbie with a question...
1. The .45 is going to have heavy recoil. It's a micro-mini .45 Auto. It's a light, tiny gun so of course recoil is going to be stiff. The 9mm is much more controllable, but even then, it's a tiny, light gun. Recoil is very manageable, and "different" than the sharp recoil of the tiny .380 autos. Most people have no problems with the Kahr 9's,
2. The .45 is not going to disappear. It's a .45. Even in that size, it's still a large gun, and is more a holster gun than a pocket gun. It's thinner than a mini-Glock, but it's still a .45.
3. For a pocket gun, I'd go with the 9mm or .40 PM models, and I'd use a good pocket holster.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Newbie Here with a Question||steveyacht||USPSA||1||11-17-2008 06:13 PM|
|a newbie question:||obrito||Pistolsmiths||3||01-13-2006 05:57 AM|
|Newbie question||Dinkyplinker||Ammunition||3||12-22-2004 08:47 AM|
|Newbie Gun Question?||teltec01||IDPA||9||06-19-2004 06:08 AM|
|newbie question regarding 9mm and 357...||Mas||Ammunition||4||08-23-2003 08:54 AM|